- £470 per week
- £67 per night
- 4 Guests
- 3 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- No Pets
Beds & bedrooms
- Bed linen provided
- 1 king/super-king bed
- 2 single beds
- 1 sofa bed
- Washing machine
- 2 WCs
- Towels provided
- Travel cot
- Garden or courtyard
- Enclosed garden or courtyard
- Private parking
- Rural location
How far to ...?
- Beach 15 miles
- Pub 5 miles
- Shop 5 miles
- Open fire or woodburner
- Welcome pack
- Walk-in shower
- Ground floor WC
Important - please note
- Check in: 4:00pm
- Check out: 9:00am
Light, airy kitchen with dining table that seats 5. Kitchen includes oven, dishwasher, washing machine, fridge, freezer, microwave, toaster, kettle.
Cosy living room with inglenook and woodburner, sofas and TV/DVD
Downstairs toilet and sink
Bedroom 1 - King size bed with views over stream and surrounding countryside. With two bedside cabinets, wardrobe and chest of drawers.
Bedroom 2 - Single bed with wardrobe and bedside cabinet.
Bedroom 3 - Single bed, wardrobe and bedside cabinet in a room with views of fields. Also includes a sofa bed for extra accommodation on request.
Shower room with large shower, sink unit and toilet.
This Machynlleth holiday cottage enjoys a sizeable south facing garden with lawn, flower beds, and patio area with garden furniture. Fully enclosed beside a babbling brook with its own bridge. Barbecue and clothes line also available.
- Welcome pack on arrival includes tea, coffee, milk, sugar and cakes.
- Bed linen, hand and bath towels provided.
- 1 hairdryer provided
- Heating and electricity included.
- Initial supply of logs provided for log burner free of charge. Extra logs available from owner for £5 per large basket load.
- Travel cot and stairgate provided on request. Please bring your own cot linen.
- Wifi available
- Please note that there's no mobile signal at the cottage - perfect for a digital detox that's very popular these days. However, if you have an iPhone 5 or higher, it's possible to make Wifi calls.
- No pets or smoking inside cottage
- Plenty of private parking space available.
- Other items provided include:
- Kitchen: salt and pepper, kitchen roll, washing up liquid/dishwasher tabs, new dishcloths and/or scourers, tin foil and cling film, food bags, teatowel, washing powder, olive oil, vinegar
- Bathroom: liquid hand soap and 2 toilet rolls per toilet.
- General cleaning products: bleach, shower cleaner, anti bacterial spray, clothes horse
Lovely comfortable cottage with a delightful garden. Very quiet (apart from an occasional sheep) and secluded. Within easy reach of some stunning walks.
A lovely, well equipped cottage in a blissfully peaceful and remote setting. The woods and the stream nearby are beautiful and great fun to explore for young children (aged 2 and 6).
A wonderful property. Peaceful, a great size and fantastic outside space. We are already thinking about when we can come back to visit!
The cottage was exactly as advertised, comfortable, great outdoor space. If you like peace and quiet it is ideal.
Hen Gapel cottage is gorgeous and the location is amazing. Everything I wanted and more. There are walks you can do just outside your doorstep, Machynlleth is only 5 miles away, which has everything you could possibly need and the scenery everywhere is breathtaking. There are Mountains, Waterfalls and beautiful Beaches, all in easy reaching distance. This is truly an amazing part of Wales and I can't wait to go back to again. Highly recommended for anyone who needs to get away from the hustle and bustle of everyday life and for those who loves nature, wildlife and peace and quiet (the only things staying here that will distract you are the sheep, the birds and the soothing sound of the stream).
Perfect location for bird lovers. It's like having your own bird hide.
A lovely cottage, situated in a fabulous setting. If you are looking for a tranquil break, amongst the breathtaking Welsh Mountains, this cottage is perfect. Spotlessly clean, well equipped inside and out. We had a great Easter weekend after such a horrible year.
Located in a small hamlet not far from the village of Aberhosan, this lovely Machynlleth holiday cottage is in peaceful surroundings with a little stream at the edge of the garden and an adjoining woodland for tranquil walks. The cottage is semi detached and the large south facing garden offers the perfect setting to relax and enjoy the song of the birds.
This Machynlleth holiday cottage is just 5 miles from the town itself – a beautiful market town which is also the Ancient Capital of Wales. Machynlleth offers lovely little cafes, plenty of unique shops, two supermarkets and a number of good restaurants. Some of the recommended restaurants include Number 21 and Wynnstay in Machynlleth, Black Lion in Derwenlas (8 miles) and Glanyrafon in Pennal (10 miles). You will also find all the amenities you need in Machynlleth including banks, garages and a number of takeaways and pubs (including the White Lion and White Horse).
Amongst the main attractions are the sandy beaches at Aberdyfi and Ynys Las (at opposite ends of the Dyfi estuary) and the glorious mountains of Snowdonia. You also have a number of great days out to choose from, including a relaxing ride on Talyllyn Railway, a visit to the RSPB Reserve and Ospreys Project at Ynyshir, the Centre for Alternative Technology, King Arthur's Labyrinth and Corris Mines. The seaside town of Aberystwyth is also worth a visit, home to the National Library of Wales, Vale of Rheidol railway, a traditional cinema and the largest arts centre in Wales.
- Moel Fadian. A footpath that leads to the highest trig point in Montgomeryshire - with great views across to the Pumlumon range. 1 mile
- Glyndwr's Way - a long distance footpath in Mid Wales that was granted National Trail status in the year 2000. Join the path 0.5 mile from cottage.
- Dyfi Valley Way follows the River Dyfi from the estuary in Aberdyfi to the source at the summit of Aran Fawddwy and back down along the south side of the river via Machynlleth and down to Borth. Join the path in Machynlleth, 5 miles.
- Cadair Idris (mountain) – 3 main routes starting from Minffordd (15 miles), Abergynolwyn (18 miles) and Dolgellau (20 miles).
- Sustrans Way – the Machynlleth to Caersws section can be joined on the Machynlleth - Llanidloes mountain road, less than 2 miles from the cottage.
- Dyfi Mountain Biking – All routes start from Machynlleth. 5 miles
- The Mawddach Trail – Suitable for all ages. Perfect for cycling, walking and for wheelchair users. Dolgellau (23 miles) to Barmouth.
- Coed-y-Brenin Mountain Biking Centre – Suitable routes for all ages. 29 miles
- River Dulas. 2 miles
- River Dyfi offers excellent fishing and is famous for its brown trout, salmon and sea trout. 5 miles
- Machynlleth Golf Club – 9 hole golf course. 4 miles
- Aberdyfi Golf Club - 18 hole golf course. 15 miles
- Borth Golf Club – 18 hole golf course. 19 miles
- Aberdyfi – Long sandy beach on the northern side of the Dyfi Estuary. Lovely seaside resort with plenty of cafes, shops and restaurants. 15 miles
- Ynyslas – Lovely beach on the southern side of the Dyfi Estuary, backed by Sand Dunes. Cafe and parking on the beach. 18 miles
- Clywedog Sailing Club - 6 mile lake, open to all types of non powered watercraft from canoes and sailboards to dinghies, cruisers and keelboats. 10 miles.
- Watersports in Aberdyfi includes sailing, sail boarding, rowing, canoeing, fishing and boat trips. 15 miles
- Rheidol Riding Centre near Aberystwyth. 25 miles