- £434 per week
- £62 per night
- 4 Guests
- 3 Bedrooms
- 1 Bathroom
- No Pets
Beds & bedrooms
- Bed linen provided
- 2 double beds
- 1 single bed
- Washing machine
- Tumble dryer
- Towels provided
- Travel cot
- Enclosed garden or courtyard
- Private parking
- Rural location
How far to ...?
- Beach 16 miles
- Pub 4 miles
- Shop 4 miles
- Open fire or woodburner
Important - please note
- Sorry, children (aged between 2 and 17) are not allowed at this property
- Check in: 4:00pm
- Check out: 9:00am
- The wifi and mobile signal is limited in this property.
To give our cleaners enough time to complete the additional cleaning and sanitising that is currently needed to keep our guests safe, check-in and check-out times at the majority of our properties have been temporarily revised. The revised times for this property are reflected above.
If you’re looking for a peaceful, quiet and totally relaxing break, this beautiful Machynlleth accommodation is exactly what you need. Set within its own enclosed garden it enjoys lovely countryside views and a great location close to mountains and coast. With two log burners, this spacious cottage is also extremely cosy – perfect after a long day of walking or cycling. Various attractions nearby.
Farmhouse kitchen with original slate floor and modern oak kitchen units. Electric oven, ceramic hob, microwave, fridge-freezer and dishwasher included.
Spacious, beamed dining room with table seating for 6 and lovely countryside views. Original slate floor and logburner for those colder nights. Large comfy settee and TV with Freeview.
A modern, warm and inviting lounge with wool carpet, a comfortable settee, logburner, TV with Freeview and DVD player. Light and airy room with windows to both front and back – perfect for complete relaxation.
Lockable utility with washing facilities, washing machine and tumble drier. Ideal for storing and washing bicycles.
Front double bedroom 1 - A large double bedroom with a deep comfy mattress and warm Welsh Tapestry Quilt. Laura Ashley furnishings with matching pine wardrobe, chest of drawers and bedside cabinets.
Front double bedroom 2 - Also offering a deep comfy mattress, warm Welsh Tapestry Quilt and Laura Ashley furnishings with matching pine wardrobe, chest of drawers and bedside cabinets. The original slate fireplace adds to the character of the room.
Single bedroom - Spacious bedroom with a single bed, deep mattress and warm Welsh Blanket. Tastefully furnished with matching pine wardrobe and chest of drawers.
Family Bathroom with a white bathroom suite. Shower over bath and lovely countryside views.
This detached Machynlleth accommodation is set within its own enclosed garden. There’s a lawn area and flower beds at the front of the house with seating on the patio - the ideal setting to enjoy the lovely views of Cader Idris and the surrounding farmland.
Large enclosed yard at the rear of the house with grassed area.
- Bed linen, hand and bath towels included
- Heating and electricity included
- Starter pile of logs provided for free. Additional logs can be purchased from the owner.
- Wifi available
- Cot available on request (please bring your own cot linen)
- Welcome pack, tea towels, dishwasher tablets, washing up liquid, foil and toilet rolls are also provided.
- No pets or smoking allowed inside this Machynlleth accommodation
- Plenty of parking spaces
Machynlleth itself offers lovely little cafes, plenty of unique shops, two supermarkets and a number of good restaurants if you prefer to eat out. Some of the recommended restaurants include Number 21 and Wynnstay in Machynlleth, Black Lion in Derwenlas (6 miles) and Glanyrafon in Pennal (8 miles). You will also find all the amenities you need in Machynlleth including banks, garages and a number of takeaways and pubs (including the Wynnstay and White Lion).
Some of the main attractions from this Machynlleth accommodation include the sandy beaches at Aberdyfi and Ynys Las (both 14 miles at opposite ends of the estuary), Talyllyn Railway and the RSPB Reserve and Ospreys Project at Ynyshir. You also have the glorious mountains of Snowdonia to explore and attractions such as the Centre for Alternative Technology, King Arthur's Labyrinth and Corris Mines.
- Lovely local footpath that can be accessed from the cottage. 0 miles
- Glyndwr's Way - a long distance footpath in Mid Wales that was granted National Trail status in the year 2000. Join the path in Forge, 3 miles.
- Dyfi Valley Way follows the River Dyfi from the estuary in Aberdyfi to the source at the summit of Aran Fawddwy and back down along the south side of the river via Machynlleth and down to Borth. Join the path in Machynlleth, 4 miles.
- Cadair Idris (mountain) – 3 main routes starting from Minffordd (14 miles), Abergynolwyn (17 miles) and Dolgellau (22 miles).
- Sustrans Way can be accessed from the cottage. 0 miles
- Dyfi Mountain Biking –All routes start from Machynlleth. 4 miles
- The Mawddach Trail – Suitable for all ages. Perfect for cycling, walking and for wheelchair users. Dolgellau (22 miles) to Barmouth.
- Coed-y-Brenin Mountain Biking Centre – Suitable routes for all ages. 28 miles
- River Dyfi offers excellent fishing and is famous for its brown trout, salmon and sea trout. 4 miles
- Machynlleth Golf Club – 9 hole golf course. 4 miles
- Aberdyfi Golf Club - 18 hole golf course. 16 miles
- Borth Golf Club – 18 hole golf course. 19 miles
- Aberdyfi – Long sandy beach on the northern side of the Dyfi Estuary. Lovely seaside resort with plenty of cafes, shops and restaurants. 16 miles
- Ynyslas – Lovely beach on the southern side of the Dyfi Estuary, backed by Sand Dunes. Cafe and parking on the beach. 19 miles
- Clywedog Sailing Club - 6 mile lake, open to all types of non powered watercraft from canoes and sailboards to dinghies, cruisers and keelboats. 9 miles.
- Watersports in Aberdyfi includes sailing, sail boarding, rowing, canoeing, fishing and boat trips. 16 miles