- £513 per week
- £73 per night
- 6 Guests
- 3 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- 2 Pets
Beds & bedrooms
- Bed linen provided
- 1 king/super-king bed
- 1 double bed
- Bunk beds to sleep 2
- Washing machine
- Tumble dryer
- 2 WCs
- Towels provided
- Wet room
- Garden or courtyard
- Outdoor storage
- Private parking
- Rural location
How far to ...?
- Beach 18 miles
- Pub 1.2 miles
- Shop 1.2 miles
- Open fire or woodburner
- Welcome pack
- River views
- Countryside views
- Pony trekking/horse riding
- Walk-in shower
- Ground floor WC
- Ground floor bath/shower room
- Wet room
Important - please note
- Check in: 4:00pm
- Check out: 9:00am
- Ultrafast broadband. Property is set over floors with steep steps.
To give our cleaners enough time to complete the additional cleaning and sanitising that is currently needed to keep our guests safe, check-in and check-out times at the majority of our properties have been temporarily revised. The revised times for this property are reflected above.
Ochr y Rhiw is a picturesque stone-built cottage in an elevated position, overlooking a river and woodland to the hills behind. This stylish cottage beautifully combines the contemporary with original features such as stone inglenook fireplaces and exposed beams. With bi-fold doors extending the width of the kitchen space, the elevated terrace feels like a natural extension that brings the outside in. You could easily spend all day here, admiring the tranquil views and the multitude of birds, attracted to what has to be one of the most popular feeding stand in Mid Wales.
Nestled in a private setting within the village of Cwmllinau, central to the market towns of Machynlleth and Dolgellau, as well as Snowdonia National Park and Cardigan Bay. Whether you're looking for a homely retreat where you can relax in style, or a base from which to explore this beautiful area with your family, friends or pets, Ochr y Rhiw is highly recommended. 1.2 mile to a village shop / cafe and pub, a great choice of restaurants and plenty of attractions nearby. These include the Old Parliament House and the Centre for Alternative Technology, Ynys-Hir Nature Reserve, King Arthur's Labyrinth and Corris Craft Centre, not to mention a myriad of scenic walks and cycle trails.
- Kitchen / Diner: Open-plan space with a heated slate floor throughout. Well equipped, farmhouse-style kitchen with an integrated fridge freezer and dishwasher, a microwave and Range cooker within the original inglenook. Oak dining table with 6 chairs. Two inviting armchairs in front of the bi-fold doors which open onto the terrace - the perfect spot to admire the views and the birds whilst sipping tea / coffee or a glass of wine with a good book.
- Living Room: Also with underfloor heating, the spacious living room offers a welcoming retreat with a wood burning stove in the exposed stone fireplace. Two sumptuous, three seater sofas for those cosy nights in, along with a coffee table, antique Welsh dresser and footstool. There is a Smart TV and lots of games to provide entertainment.
- Entrance / Utility Room: The heated slate floor offers a warm welcome as you enter the cottage, along with an antique bench. Oak coat rack and plenty of room for boots and shoes. Sink unit with a built in washer dryer.
- Wet Room: Ground floor wet room with underfloor heating, electric shower, WC and basin.
- Bedroom 1: Master bedroom with a king-size bed and a wealth of character from the exposed stone fireplace, antique dressing table, original Welsh tapestry blanket and coordinating cushions. Brass bed with a high quality pocket sprung mattress and topper. There is a double wardrobe, bed side cabinets and a luggage rack. Enjoy the spectacle of dawn from the comfort of your bed, as it appears over the hills - or from the comfy original retro chair, situated in front of the roof window.
- Bedroom 2: Comfortable double bed with a high quality pocket sprung mattress and topper, also beautifully decorated. Storage is provided in the bedside chests and a double wardrobe in the adjoining alcove. There is a mirror with a shelf. The antique pine floorboards are exposed and cosy bedside rugs are either side of the bed.
- Bedroom 3: Bunk bedroom with exposed antique pine floorboards. Adult-sized bunk bed and a large chest of drawers.
- Bathroom: The family bathroom has an elegant freestanding bath and a walk-in shower. There is a heated towel rail in addition to the radiator for your comfort.
- Landing: Accessed via a steep 6 tread staircase, the landing features a window overlooking the river. There is a chair and binoculars for you to sit and watch the birds and admire the views. Antique pine floorboards.
- Spacious, elevated terrace where you can enjoy a spot of alfresco dining around a 6 seater circular patio table, whilst overlooking the river and tranquil surroundings. Disposable BBQ stand provided.
- Path leads down to extended grounds down by the river bank with a garden shed and additional seating. When the river is shallow, a ford appears that can be crossed to access a footpath at the other side.
- There is a tap and hosepipe to clean your dog / bike etc just beside the front door.
- It is recommended that children are supervised due to the proximity of the stream in the garden.
- Bed linen, hand and bath towels: Egyptian cotton bed linen and high quality towels provided.
- Central heating and electricity included. Heating via air source.
- Pets: Up to 2 pets welcome @ £20 per pet (ground floor only and not on furniture). Dog gate provided.
- No smoking inside the property please
- Water: Mains water supply
- Parking: Private, off-road parking for up to 2 cars.
We throughly enjoyed our stay at this amazing cottage which was very clean and had everything you could wish for. It exceeded our expectations. Thank you! ... Comment Date: 15 Feb 2020
A stunning cottage . Excellent facilities - cosy and warm. Great location with beautiful scenery. Would highly recommend and would definitely return. ... Comment Date: 8 Feb 2020
Tranquil location A stunning cottage in a peaceful location. Beautifully furnished to high standard with a exceptionally well stocked kitchen. Plenty of board games to keep you entertained in front of the log burner. The morning dawn was lovely to wake up to with a large variety of birds in the garden. Good location to visit the surrounding area. A lovely relaxing cottage. ... Comment Date: 25 Jan 2020
Just the most beautiful and well appointed holiday cottage we’ve been to! Everything was thought off for our comfort! Highly recommended! ... Comment Date: 18 Jan 2020
Sheer Bliss We booked the cottage for my sisters 50th birthday and for friends and family to dip in and out over a long weekend. The place was a delight from the moment we stepped inside. Wonderful slate underfloor heating, the best equipped kitchen I've ever seen. All crockery was Portmeirion no less. The milk was a welcome addition for a well needed brew after our journey there. The cottage was a real treat with the river at the bottom of the garden. None of us wanted to leave at the end of our stay and we have already re booked for next year. ... Comment Date: 28 Dec 2019
Fantastic cottage, very well equipped, comfortable, homely and clean. Good location, quiet with lovely views. Would highly recommend. ... Comment Date: 21 Dec 2019
Fabulous cottage, very, very well appointed, the owners thought of everything. Spotlessly clean , beautiful furnishings and great location. So good I re-booked another holiday there and then! ... Comment Date: 14 Dec 2019
Incredible - so cosy and very luxurious Can not recommend this cottage enough. Incredible. Cosy yet luxurious. Amazing big kitchen and lovely lounge. Great location - perfect for exploring the local area. Hosts were so helpful. We will definitely return! ... Comment Date: 26 Oct 2019
Perfect stay. Beautiful cottage and very clean. Home from home facilities. Had a wonderful week. Will definitely return next year. ... Comment Date: 19 Oct 2019