- £635 per week
- £91 per night
- 6 Guests
- 3 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- No Pets
Beds & bedrooms
- Bed linen provided
- 2 king/super-king beds
- 2 bunk beds
- Washing machine
- 2 bathrooms
- 3 WCs
- Towels provided
- En-suite bathroom
- Family friendly
- Travel cot
- Enclosed garden
- Private parking
- Rural location
How far to ...?
- Beach 17 miles
- Pub 3.5 miles
- Shop 7 miles
- Open fire or woodburner
- Games room
- Welcome pack
- Countryside views
- No mobile signal
- Pony trekking/horse riding
- Walk-in shower
- Ground floor WC
Important - please note
- Check in: 16:00
- Check out: 10:00
From the games room to a spacious living area with far-reaching views, a woodburner and underfloor heating, you will immediately feel at home at this stylish cottage in the Dyfi Valley. Surrounded by blissfully quiet Mid Wales countryside and with plenty to do and see within a short distance, this is an ideal venue to get away from it all and to recharge the batteries.
Newly renovated from a traditional Welsh barn, Ysgubor Tanllan is one of two 5 star cottages on site. If you wish to bring a larger group, both cottages can also be combined to form one large cottage (Llety Tanllan) for up to 10 guests.
A spacious, open plan living area welcomes you to Ysgubor Tanllan. Oak beams and slate floors lend a cosy and rustic feel to the whole ground floor.
Fully equipped handbuilt, bespoke Welsh oak kitchen includes a slate worktop and ceramic sink, electric range hob and oven, microwave, fridge freezer, dishwasher, and washing machine. The dining table is perfectly placed in front of a large window that frames the breath-taking views over the valley towards Cambrian Mountains on the horizon.
The spacious lounge area features a wood burning stove, TV and DVD player and extends to the adjoining sun room with additional seating to relax and enjoy the stunning countryside views.
Downstairs WC / Boot-room - Toilet and sink.
Bedroom 1 - Beautiful ensuite bedroom with a king size bed and lovely doors overlooking the sunroom and landing - a quirky reminder of the building's previous life as a barn and hayloft. All openings have been made safe for small children with rails or guards. Spacious en-suite with large shower, underfloor heating, heated towel rail, toilet and basin.
Bedroom 2 - Inviting king size bed and chair, with stone walls, high ceilings and original beams also a feature in this room.
Bedroom 3 - Bunk beds, feature stone wall and far-reaching views over the valley.
Bathroom - Stylish bathroom with a powerful shower above the bath, heated towel rail, WC, wash basin and underfloor heating.
Adjoining Games Room - Pool table, docking station, books and games. Accessed from the outside, this room is shared with the one other holiday cottage for 4 on site.
The enclosed patio area runs along the front of the property and overlooks gorgeous expansive views across the valley and the Cambrian Mountain range without a road or car in sight. A central porch area separates the patio area from the other holiday cottage, providing a private corner for each cottage at either side. Garden furniture and charcoal BBQ provided.
There is also a further enclosed garden with play area next to the property.
- Welcome pack includes tea and coffee, sugar and milk, bread, Welsh butter and jam, a lovely Bara Brith cake (a popular Welsh recipe) and eggs.
- Central heating and electricity included. Renewable central heating from ground source heat pump, also used to heat water.
- Starter pack of logs for the wood burners provided. Additional logs can also be purchased from the owners for £4 per bag.
- Bed linen, hand and bath towels provided
- Hairdryer provided
- Travel cot, high chair and stair gate available on request. Please bring your own cot linen. Fire guard also provided for the wood burning stove.
- WiFi available
- Signal for some mobile networks outside the cottage.
- No pets or smoking inside the cottage.
- Kitchen provisions: salt and pepper, kitchen roll, washing up liquid, dishwasher tabs, dishcloths, tin foil and cling film.
- Bathroom provisions: liquid hand soap and 2 toilet rolls per bathroom.
- Small supermarkets and weekly street market in Machynlleth and home deliveries from Asda or Tesco.
- Plenty of off road parking in the yard to the side of the barn.
To Summarise - a word from the owners...
The local area has so much to offer and you can have some amazing day trips, but we really love life in our little patch of Mid Wales and feel that you can have the most memorable adventures right here where the pace of life slows down and you feel at one with nature. Climb a hill, watch the sunrise or sunset, build a den, dam a brook, listen to the birds singing, play pooh stick on the little bridge down the lane, read a book in the open air, fill a sketchbook with drawings and paintings, the list goes on.
We adored our stay. The property was exquisite and we had everything we could possibly need provided for us during our stay. I appreciated the lack of clutter as this meant cleaning up was a whizz.