- £460 per week
- £66 per night
- 5 Guests
- 3 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- No Pets
Beds & bedrooms
- Bed linen provided
- 2 king/super-king beds
- 1 single bed
- Washing machine
- Tumble dryer
- 2 WCs
- Towels provided
- Family friendly
- Travel cot
- Garden or courtyard
- Outdoor storage
- Private parking
- Rural location
How far to ...?
- Beach 13 miles
- Pub 3 miles
- Shop 3 miles
- Welcome pack
- Countryside views
- Pony trekking/horse riding
- Walk-in shower
- Ground floor WC
- Ground floor bedroom
- Ground floor bath/shower room
Important - please note
- Check in: 4:00pm
- Check out: 9:00am
To give our cleaners enough time to complete the additional cleaning and sanitising that is currently needed to keep our guests safe, check-in and check-out times at the majority of our properties have been temporarily revised. The revised times for this property are reflected above.
Newly developed barn conversion offering a stylish mix of traditional and contemporary. Enjoy the tranquil, scenic setting with the added bonus of having the market town of Machynlleth and all its amenities just over 3 miles away. A great, central base to explore Mid Wales, southern Snowdonia and Cardigan Bay. Picturesque walks, narrow gauge railways and numerous other attractions nearby.
A spacious open plan living area with a vaulted ceiling above the kitchen and oak trusses providing a lovely feature. Light and airy, with a beautiful combination of traditional and modern. Two steps lead to a glass door and a small, raised patio with countryside views.
Fully equipped, contemporary kitchen with electric hob and oven, microwave and dishwasher and a fridge freezer.
Stylish lounge area with oak floor, two sofas and a chair in front of a large, flat screen, wall mounted TV.
Bathroom - Spacious ground floor bathroom with WC, wash basin, shaving point, heated towel rail, bath and separate shower.
Utility - Includes a washing machine and separate tumble dryer, ironing board and iron and useful storage units.
Bedroom 1 - Large single bedroom with a full size single bed, spacious wardrobe and dressing table set.
Bedroom 2 - King size bed, wardrobe and hanging rail, dressing table set and comfy chair. Flatscreen TV. This room is located at one end of the cottage and accessed via its own staircase. (Please note: the upstairs bathroom cannot be accessed from bedroom 2)
Bedroom 3 - King size bed, wardrobe, dressing table set and comfy chair. Light and airy. This room is located at the other end of the cottage, above the single room.
Landing area - Landing area connecting bedroom 3 to the upstairs bathroom. Includes a reading / relaxing area with 2 comfy chairs, small table and hanging rail.
Bathroom - Spacious bathroom with WC, wash basin, radiator with towel rail above, shaving point, bath and shower above.
Large private outdoor area to front of property with countryside views across the valley. Picnic table and 2 bistro style tables with 8 chairs for alfresco dining on patio.
Large open garage and lockable storage shed for your use.
- Welcome pack includes tea and coffee, sugar, milk and a cake
- Bed linen, hand and bath towels and 2 hairdryers provided
- Heating and electricity included - electricity does not include car charging. Guests are welcome to charge electric cars but this will incur an additional cost. Please inform us at time of booking if you will need to charge your car.
- Wifi available
- Travel cot and high chair provided on request. Please bring you own cot linen.
- Iron and Ironing board.
- No pets or smoking inside the cottage please
- Ample private parking outside property
- Other items provided include:
- Kitchen: salt and pepper, kitchen roll, washing up liquid/dishwasher tabs, dish-washing brush and scourer, tin foil and cling film.
- Bathroom: liquid hand soap and 2 toilet rolls per toilet.
- General cleaning products: bleach, anti-bacterial cleaner.
Lovely house - very clean, modern, quiet, comfortable and well equipped with great views of surrounding hills.
Enjoy a relaxing holiday at this newly converted, semi-detached barn near the historic market town of Machynlleth. Set in the beautiful Dyfi Valley, guests of the cottage will benefit from an extensive outdoor area to the front with unobstructed views of rolling hills.
Only 3.5 miles to the nearest shops, cafes and restaurants in Machynlleth, as well as all other amenities. Here you will also find the old Welsh Parliament, dating back to 1404 and the oldest street market in Britain (every Wednesday). Some of the best restaurants in town include Bistro Number Twenty One and The Wynnstay, whilst the White Lion is recommended for a range of Welsh ales. 3 miles in the other direction brings you to another lovely country pub called the Dovey Valley Hotel in Cemmaes Road.
Ty'n Fron offers a great base for your holiday in Mid Wales and is also a gateway to southern Snowdonia and Cardigan Bay. Amongst the main attractions nearby are the Centre for Alternative Technology, the Museum of Modern Wales (MOMA) in Machynlleth and the Dyfi Osprey Project.
There are beautiful, sandy beaches within half an hour, including Aberdyfi beach, Ynys Las and Barmouth. Talyllyn narrow gauge railway offers a great day out, as does Ynys Hir Nature Reserve, the range of historical castles, and Corris Craft Centre, to name just a few.
- Glyndwr's Way is a long distance footpath in Mid Wales that was granted National Trail status in the year 2000. Join the path in Penegoes, 1.5 miles.
- Dyfi Valley Way follows the River Dyfi from the estuary in Aberdyfi to the source at the summit of Aran Fawddwy and back down along the south side of the river via Machynlleth and down to Borth. Join path 1.5 miles from cottage.
- Cadair Idris (Snowdonia mountain) – 3 main routes starting from Minffordd (12 miles), Abergynolwyn (16.5 miles) and Dolgellau (20 miles).
- The Mawddach Trail - Suitable for all ages – walkers, cyclists and wheelchair users. 20 miles
- Precipice Walk – Dolgellau - suitable for all ages. 20 miles from cottage
- Dyfi Mountain Biking – All routes start from Machynlleth. 3.5 miles
- The Mawddach Trail – As mentioned above
- Coed-y-Brenin Mountain Biking Centre – Suitable routes for all ages. 27 miles
- Watersports in Aberdyfi includes sailing, sail boarding, rowing, canoeing, fishing and boat trips. 13.5 miles
- Clywedog Sailing Club - 6 mile lake, open to all types of non powered watercraft from canoes and sailboards to dinghies, cruisers and keelboats. 19 miles
- River Dyfi offers excellent fishing and is famous for its brown trout, salmon and sea trout. The river flows a few fields away and licence can be purchased at the local post office, 3 miles.
- Machynlleth Golf Club – 9 hole golf course. 3.5 miles
- Aberdyfi Golf Club - 18 hole golf course. 13.5 miles