- £574 per week
- £82 per night
- 6 Guests
- 4 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- No Pets
Beds & bedrooms
- Bed linen provided
- 2 king/super-king beds
- 2 single beds
- Washing machine
- Tumble dryer
- 2 WCs
- Towels provided
- Family friendly
- Garden or courtyard
- Private parking
- Rural location
How far to ...?
- Beach 56 miles
- Pub 2 miles
- Shop 4.5 miles
- Open fire or woodburner
- Hot tub
- Welcome pack
- River views
- Countryside views
- Pony trekking/horse riding
- Walk-in shower
- Ground floor WC
- Ground floor bedroom
- Ground floor bath/shower room
Important - please note
- Check in: 4:00pm
- Check out: 9.00
For a peaceful holiday in idyllic countryside this beautifully converted stone barn ticks all the boxes. Surrounded by 600 acres of farmland, the property sits in the heart of the Berwyn Mountains over looking the River Ceiriog. Semi-detached, alongside Ysgubor y Berwyn (BOW152), the two properties can be booked together, to accommodate two families, friends or larger parties.
Ystably y Berwyn is thoughtfully decorated and retains many of the buildings original features such as oak beams and double height ceilings. The barn is comfortable and spacious with generous sized bedrooms and a cosy lounge with wood burner. The kitchen opens out through patio doors to a private terrace and is well equipped for preparing meals while socialising with family and friends. On the terrace you can enjoy a relaxing dip in the hot tub while taking in views over the valley. There are many scenic walks and mountain bike routes from the door and wildlife is everywhere, Lloyd George once described the area as 'a little bit of heaven on Earth'.
The Berwyn Mountains are beautiful, unspoilt and in a relatively unknown area situated in the north-east region of Wales with many walking opportunities. The local village of Llanarmon Dyffryn Ceiriog has two inns, The Hand and The West Arms, both serving good food. Other attractions in the area include Pistyll Rhaeadr (9 miles), Llangollen (15 miles) and Bala (27 miles).
- Lounge/Dining room: a large welcoming room with double height ceilings and oak beams, wood burner, 2 and 3 seater sofas 32” TV with family satellite package, DVD player, sofa table, large windows and glass door leading outside.
For dining there is a wooden dining table and chairs for 6 people.
- Kitchen: fully fitted kitchen with patio doors leading to an outdoor terrace. Equipped with fridge-freezer, hob, microwave and washer/dryer.
- Bathroom: bath with electric shower over, basin, WC, heated towel rail.
- Shower room: walk in shower, basin, WC and heated towel rail.
- Bedroom 1: king sized four poster bed, dressing table, side drawers with bedside lamps, built in wardrobe, large window and door leading to the front patio.
- Bedroom 2: super king sized bed (can be arranged as twin on request), bedside tables with lamps and dressing table, built in wardrobe, arched window and door leading to the front patio.
- Bedroom 3: single bed, wardrobe side table and dressing table, door leading to the rear patio.
- Bedroom 4: single bed, wardrobe side table and dressing table, door leading to the rear patio.
The property is surrounded by farm land with hills and fields and a river runs below the cottage. The enclosed, elevated rear patio enjoys beautiful views over the river and towards the mountains. It is also equipped with a hot tub, garden furniture (table and chairs with parasol) and charcoal barbecue. A separate, enclosed play area includes swings and a slide.
There are flower beds along the river and to the front of the elevated patio. Please note that this riverside area is not fenced.
- Heating and electricity: included. First basket of logs provided, then £5 per bag there after.
- Bed linen, hand and bath towels: provided.
- Travel cot, high-chair: available on request. Please bring your own cot linen.
- Hairdryers: 1
- Pets: no pets.
- No smoking inside the property please.
- Water: private.
- Parking: plenty of space for 3 cars.
- Fishing: if you would like to fish in the river, please contact us prior to your stay.
Lovely well-equipped property in a beautiful rural location. The hot tub is amazing, and sitting in it looking out over the views really made our holiday.
A wonderful stay in a beautiful location. Amazing to lie back in the hot tub and see the mountains and gardens. The owners are lovely and we enjoyed life on the farm and had the opportunity to watch the sheep shearing. The accommodation was brilliant - the best equipped place we have ever stayed in. Highly recommended.
Lovely location with lovely welcoming owners. Hot tub was immaculate and very relaxing. The only problem is the wifi didn’t work.
We have stayed here 6 or 7 times, and the only way I could describe it is ‘our happy place’. An hour and half drive from home but a world away, brilliant place to stay.
Excellent property, very clean and well equipped. Would definitely recommend a stay. Owner very helpful and friendly. Hot tub was superb. Cottage located in one of the most beautiful places in the country.
We came with our one year old son for a much needed relaxing break, and the Berwyn barns (and the entire area) was an absolute dream. The property was gorgeous, clean, and well equipped, and the owners were so helpful and a joy to speak to. Our son loved watching daily farm life take place around us, and we took some beautiful walks right on our doorstep. Not to mention relaxing in the hot tub overlooking the hills with a bubbling stream below. Highly recommend!
I would highly recommend this property. It is of a VERY HIGH standard. !! can't believe its a 4 STAR !! I honestly would have given it a 5 STAR and I'm very well travelled. This beautiful converted barn is so cosy. I loved the wood fire. The hot tub so lovely to lie in with snow falling on myself and my children. The underfloor heating in the barn made the stay so comfortable. Liz and her family are super lovely. If you're looking for a high standard accommodation with the old fashioned values and peace and beauty then this is for you! Trust Me you'll love it!!!