- £574 per week
- £82 per night
- 6 Guests
- 4 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- No Pets
Beds & bedrooms
- Bed linen provided
- 2 king/super-king beds
- 2 single beds
- Washing machine
- Tumble dryer
- 2 WCs
- Towels provided
- Family friendly
- Garden or courtyard
- Private parking
- Rural location
How far to ...?
- Beach 56 miles
- Pub 2 miles
- Shop 4.5 miles
- Open fire or woodburner
- Hot tub
- Welcome pack
- River views
- Countryside views
- Pony trekking/horse riding
- Walk-in shower
- Ground floor WC
- Ground floor bedroom
- Ground floor bath/shower room
Important - please note
- Check in: 4:00pm
- Check out: 9.00
To give our cleaners enough time to complete the additional cleaning and sanitising that is currently needed to keep our guests safe, check-in and check-out times at the majority of our properties have been temporarily revised. The revised times for this property are reflected above.
For a peaceful holiday in idyllic countryside this beautifully converted stone barn ticks all the boxes. Surrounded by 600 acres of farmland, the property sits in the heart of the Berwyn Mountains over looking the River Ceiriog. Semi-detached, alongside Ysgubor y Berwyn (BOW152), the two properties can be booked together, to accommodate two families, friends or larger parties.
Ystably y Berwyn is thoughtfully decorated and retains many of the buildings original features such as oak beams and double height ceilings. The barn is comfortable and spacious with generous sized bedrooms and a cosy lounge with wood burner. The kitchen opens out through patio doors to a private terrace and is well equipped for preparing meals while socialising with family and friends. On the terrace you can enjoy a relaxing dip in the hot tub while taking in views over the valley. There are many scenic walks and mountain bike routes from the door and wildlife is everywhere, Lloyd George once described the area as 'a little bit of heaven on Earth'.
The Berwyn Mountains are beautiful, unspoilt and in a relatively unknown area situated in the north-east region of Wales with many walking opportunities. The local village of Llanarmon Dyffryn Ceiriog has two inns, The Hand and The West Arms, both serving good food. Other attractions in the area include Pistyll Rhaeadr (9 miles), Llangollen (15 miles) and Bala (27 miles).
- Lounge/Dining room: a large welcoming room with double height ceilings and oak beams, wood burner, 2 and 3 seater sofas 32” TV with family satellite package, DVD player, sofa table, large windows and glass door leading outside.
For dining there is a wooden dining table and chairs for 6 people.
- Kitchen: fully fitted kitchen with patio doors leading to an outdoor terrace. Equipped with fridge-freezer, hob, microwave and washer/dryer.
- Bathroom: bath with electric shower over, basin, WC, heated towel rail.
- Shower room: walk in shower, basin, WC and heated towel rail.
- Bedroom 1: king sized four poster bed, dressing table, side drawers with bedside lamps, built in wardrobe, large window and door leading to the front patio.
- Bedroom 2: super king sized bed (can be arranged as twin on request), bedside tables with lamps and dressing table, built in wardrobe, arched window and door leading to the front patio.
- Bedroom 3: single bed, wardrobe side table and dressing table, door leading to the rear patio.
- Bedroom 4: single bed, wardrobe side table and dressing table, door leading to the rear patio.
The property is surrounded by farm land with hills and fields and a river runs below the cottage. The enclosed, elevated rear patio enjoys beautiful views over the river and towards the mountains. It is also equipped with a hot tub, garden furniture (table and chairs with parasol) and charcoal barbecue. A separate, enclosed play area includes swings and a slide.
There are flower beds along the river and to the front of the elevated patio. Please note that this riverside area is not fenced.
- Heating and electricity: included. First basket of logs provided, then £5 per bag there after.
- Bed linen, hand and bath towels: provided.
- Travel cot, high-chair: available on request. Please bring your own cot linen.
- Hairdryers: 1
- Pets: no pets.
- No smoking inside the property please.
- Water: private.
- Parking: plenty of space for 3 cars.
- Fishing: if you would like to fish in the river, please contact us prior to your stay.