- £454 per week
- £65 per night
- 4 Guests
- 2 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- 2 Pets
Beds & bedrooms
- Bed linen provided
- 2 double beds
- Washing machine
- Tumble dryer
- 1 WC
- Towels provided
- Garden or courtyard
- Enclosed garden or courtyard
- Private parking
- Rural location
How far to ...?
- Beach 1.7 miles
- Pub 3 miles
- Shop 3 miles
- Open fire or woodburner
- Sky TV
- Games room
- Welcome pack
- Pony trekking/horse riding
Important - please note
- Check in: 4:00pm
- Check out: 9:00am
To give our cleaners enough time to complete the additional cleaning and sanitising that is currently needed to keep our guests safe, check-in and check-out times at the majority of our properties have been temporarily revised. The revised times for this property are reflected above.
Feel totally relaxed in this charming restored 17th century farmhouse, located on a farm in a beautiful rural setting. The perfect place to escape from the hustle and bustle of everyday life and to enjoy some quality time with loved ones, friends or family. This pet-friendly Llyn Peninsula holiday cottage features a woodburner, dresser, two beautiful double bedrooms, spectacular surroundings and is very close to numerous beaches and charming coastal villages.
Brand New Addition to Website
The lounge includes an antique dresser, a large original inglenook with clear view wood burner and some delightful touches. Cosy with a wealth of original oak beams which provides a real feel of tradition. Two large leather sofas in front of a large flatscreen TV & DVD. A window looks out on to the south facing courtyard area.
The dining room has a painted farmhouse table and upholstered chairs, directly in front of a window which looks out on to the garden and bird feeding station. There are maps and local books to help you explore the area, and also board games, jig saws and lots of books for entertainment. Leading from the dining room you enter the kitchen, making it a family environment to chat while the meals are being prepared.
Fully equipped modern oak kitchen with original stone work exposed on some of the walls. Dishwasher, electric stove, 4 ring hob, microwave electric stove, and fridge freezer .There is a separate room for the washing machine and tumble dryer.
En suite double bedroom (with shower unit) with view over the farmland and over to the coast. Comfortable and stylish room with high quality mattress and bedding. Large wardrobe, dressing table and TV.
Double bedroom, also with a view over the farmland and towards the coast. High quality mattress and bedding, complemented by cream furniture and a TV. Possibility of adding a single bed in this room on request.
Bathroom includes a large cast iron bath, WC, sink and heated towel rail.
This Llyn Peninsula holiday cottage has its own sheltered south facing courtyard with a wooden bench and patio furniture. Ideal for enjoying meal times, soaking up the sun on the reclining chairs and enjoying the peace and tranquillity of the countryside.
Stunning sunsets and a great setting to enjoy the wonders of the night sky. There is also a barbecue set and a small clothes line at the rear of the cottage. There is also a shared enclosed garden at the back, with 2 swings and a trampoline.
Children spend hours playing in the outside toy room which is an added bonus for families. This room includes toys such as lego, dulop, a wooden farm, dolls etc. There is also a keyboard and child size snooker table. Children should be supervised at all times because of the steps leading up to this room.
- Welcome pack includes home-made cakes and a fresh loaf of bread from the local bakery, tea, coffee and milk.
- Bed linen, hand and bath towels provided. *Towels for cottage use only, not for beach use.
- 1 hairdryer provided
- Central heating and electricity included
- 1st basket of logs provided free of charge, additional bags of logs available from the owner @ £4
- Cot and high chair provided on request. Please bring your own linen for the cot.
- Wifi available
- Up to 2 dogs welcome at a charge of £25 per pet per stay.
- Off-road parking
- Lockable shed for bikes
- Also provided in the kitchen: salt and pepper, kitchen roll, washing up liquid/dishwasher tabs, new dishcloths and/or scourers, tin foil and cling film.
- Also provided in the bathrooms: liquid hand soap and 2 toilet rolls per bathroom.
- General cleaning products provided: shower cleaner, anti bacterial spray etc.
- No smoking inside the cottage please
- Supermarket deliveries are available via Asda and Tesco
- If you would like to experience a working farm, let us know and we can arrange a farm tour for you. Observe the daily activities of the farm depending on Season. Help feed the hens, collect the eggs, and feed the lambs and calves.
The picturesque coastal village of Aberdaron, with its lovely pubs/cafes/shops/ bakery is just 3 miles away. It also offers a sandy beach and Porth y Swnt - a National Trust interpretation centre. Aberdaron is perfect for a relaxing day out and is sometimes referred to as the ‘Land’s End of Wales’. For centuries, the village was the last rest stop for pilgrims heading for Bardsey Island and today you can follow in the pilgrims' footsteps by catching a boat to Bardsey Island from Porth Meudwy (3 miles). Phone Colin to book your trip on 079710769895 - this is of course dependent on the weather. For beautiful scenery, travel up Mynydd Mawr, Uwchmynydd where you can see over to Bardsey Island and back over Llyn.
There are a number of recommended places to eat within 10 miles of your Llyn Peninsula holiday cottage. These include Ty Newydd and The Ship, both in Aberdaron (also your nearest good pubs), Tremfan Hall in Llanbedrog (8 miles) and The Ship in Edern (9 miles). Also worth a visit is Plas yn Rhiw Café (2 miles) the cafes in Aberdaron (Y Gegin Fawr, Hen Blas and Becws coffee shop), Caffi’r Cwm and Ty Newydd Cafés at Uwchmynydd (4 miles). Not to forget the numerous excellent restaurants and cafes in Abersoch (8 miles).
Amongst the other popular attractions in the area is Plas yn Rhiw - a National Trust owned 17th century manor house in Y Rhiw (2 miles). Also worth visiting is Porthoer (Whistling Sands), just 4 miles away and famous for its ‘whistling sands’. This secluded gem of a beach is one of the perfect beaches in Wales - a great place to relax with a beach café and beautiful coastal walks. Top Cat Marine Safari (2 miles) offers wildlife and fishing trips whist Nefyn (11 miles) offers Llyn Maritime Museum and a tour of the local Brewery at Cwrw Llyn. Nant Gwytheyrn Welsh Language and heritage centre is another great day out with a café, beach, walks and superb scenery, and so is Cricieth with its famous Welsh Castle.
- Porth Ysgo - The beautiful hidden beach of Porth Ysgo is a must, offering a truly romantic setting just 1.7 miles away (a lovely walk - or you can drive of course).
- Aberdaron Beach - sandy beach backed by all the amenities of this picturesque village. 3 miles
- Penllech Beach - 4 miles
- Porthoer (Whistling Sands) - 5 miles
- Porth Iago - 5 miles
- Towyn, Tudweiliog - a lovely, hidden beach that can be accessed via the coastal path. 6.5 miles
- Abersoch 8 miles
- Porthdinllaen 10 miles
- Walks direct from the cottage
- Rhiw mountain - 1 mile
- Llyn Coastal Path (part of the All Wales Coast Path) - 84 miles around the Llyn Peninsula, from Caernarfon to Porthmadog. The nearest joining point is less than 2 miles from the cottage at Porth Ysgo. Coastal Bus can also be pre booked to take you from the cottage to your destination
- Yr Eifl (The Rivals) - Mountain range including the highest point on the Llyn Peninsula. 4.5 miles in length. 15 miles from cottage.
- Cycling routes on country roads from the cottage
- Find out more about cycling on the Llyn Peninsula
- Llyn Leisure coarse fishing - 1 mile
- Read more about the range of opportunities to go fishing on the Llyn Peninsula - suitable options for all ages.
- Abersoch Golf Club - 18 hole golf course, adjoining the beach. 8 miles
- Nefyn and District Golf Club - 26 holes, offering two cliff top 18 hole courses set in spectacular coastal scenery. 10 miles
- Llyn Golf Centre - Pen-y-Berth. 15 bay driving range, practice green and bunker and 9 hole golf course with sea views. For beginners and advanced players - hire clubs available. 11 miles
- Pen Llyn Lusitano Stud and Riding Centre Llaniestyn. Rides for any level of experience - 6 miles
- Llanbedrog Riding Stables - Horse-riding lessons etc. Beach and hill rides. 8.5 miles
- Cilan Riding Centre - Abersoch. Beach rides and more. Great for kids and novices. 11 miles
- Find our more about horse-riding on the Llyn Peninsula
- Abersoch beach offers flat water for wakeboarding and waterskiing, sailing, power boating and windsurfing. 8 miles
- Porth Neigwl (Hell's Mouth) is a very popular venue for surfers and body boarders. 9 miles
- Find out more about Watersports on the Llyn Peninsula