- £630 per week
- £90 per night
- 6 Guests
- 3 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- No Pets
Beds & bedrooms
- Bed linen provided
- 1 king/super-king bed
- 1 double bed
- 2 single beds
- Washing machine
- 2 WCs
- Towels provided
- Family friendly
- Travel cot
- Garden or courtyard
- Enclosed garden or courtyard
- Outdoor storage
- Private parking
- Secure bicycle storage
- Rural location
How far to ...?
- Beach 8 miles
- Pub 1.5 miles
- Shop 3 miles
- Open fire or woodburner
- Countryside views
- Pony trekking/horse riding
- Ground floor WC
- Ground floor bath/shower room
Important - please note
- Check in: 4:00pm
- Check out: 09.00
To give our cleaners enough time to complete the additional cleaning and sanitising that is currently needed to keep our guests safe, check-in and check-out times at the majority of our properties have been temporarily revised. The revised times for this property are reflected above.
With incredible mountains views of Cadair Idris and plenty of walks from the doorstep, Cae Ceiniog is the perfect place for a secluded get away. This cosy family friendly 3 bedroom property is surrounded by farmland and an abundance of wildlife and many bird varieties. The property has lovely authentic features, with a cosy inglenook fireplace and wood-burning stove. Outside there are mature gardens with a large lawn and outdoor furniture for alfresco dining while taking in the views.
Positioned on the edge of the Snowdonia National Park, Cae Ceiniog offers both peace and excitement: it’s in a “dark sky-at-night” valley with amazing night skies, but it’s also on the Mach Loop - perfect for plane spotting! The cottage is within driving distance of the sea at Tywyn, Fairbourne and Barmouth and the thriving hub of Dolgellau is just 3 miles away. You can visit romantic castles such as Castell y Bere and Dolwyddelan, both once home to the Welsh king Llywelyn Fawr or Llywelyn the Great in the 13th century; or the larger more fortified castles built by Edward I at Harlech and Cricieth; there is white-water rafting, kayaking and canoeing at Bala and the Mawddach Trail or Precipice Walks near Dolgellau. With so much to do from this magical setting you might just want to stay forever.
- Living Room: Atmospheric room including large inglenook with wood burning stove, two leather sofas, traditional bureau with books, flat screen TV with Freesat channels.
- Hallway: Marble top washstand with games in cupboard, under stairs utility cupboard, coat hooks.
- Utility: Shower, toilet, sink, clothes airer, cupboard for towels etc, washing machine.
- Kitchen: Belfast sink, large fridge-freezer, table and chairs to seat six, oven, hob, hood, microwave. Cafetiere.
- Conservatory/ Garden room: Large oak trestle table and chairs to seat six, two large sofas, wonderful views of the mountains and over the valley, and of the large garden, lovely light-filled room.
- Bedroom 1: Double bedroom with sofa, wardrobe and chest of drawers, two bedsides, chair, Velux window and window with views over the valley
- Bedroom 2: Twin beds, wardrobe, chest of drawers, bedside, Velux window and window with views over the valley
- Bedroom 3: A large light-filled bedroom with king bed, accessed through the twin bedroom (bedroom 2). Wardrobe, chest of drawers, vanity table, two bedroom chairs, two bedsides. Velux window and window with views over the valley
- Bathroom: Cast iron bath, two bathroom cabinets, sink, toilet, storage cupboard and views over the valley
- Landing: Mezzanine landing
- Large garden with mountain views over fields, mature shrubs, interesting nooks and crannies and plenty of room for children to play. All-weather outdoor wicker furniture table with six chairs, two benches, fenced and enclosed on all sides.
- Garage with secure storage for bikes.
- Charcoal weber style barbecue.
- Heating and electricity: Included.
- Bed linen, hand and bath towels Provided.
- Logs : Complimentary basket load provided, additional logs can also be purchased.
- Travel cot, high chair and stair-gate: Available. Please bring cot linen.
- Hairdryers: Yes.
- Ironing board and Iron: Available.
- Pets: No pets.
- No smoking inside the property please.
- Water: Private.
- Parking: Ample parking available.
A beautiful spot, sweeping views, and a really lovely house. Central for hundreds of great walks (and several hundred sheep companions :)) and the nearest town Dolgellau has some nice amenities.